Saturday, May 19, 2012

FMTSO: Fences and Gates

I'm participating in the Friday My Town Shoot Out and today's theme is fences and gates.

As some of you know, I live in Las Vegas, Nevada.

Most of the houses here don't have any individual character and most of the fences here are block walls.

No need to worry though, because I love to go explore.

I don't have to go too far from home and yet it is a world of difference in the landscape.

All of the following pictures were taken today specifically for this theme.



An old fence


The gate to the fence above


Same fence, different perspective


Part of the same fence, just a little further down the road.


A gate and fence a little way down the road going opposite direction as photo right above.


An iron gate, my favorite find of the day.


Calvilvlle Bay at Lake Mead. 
A fence travels along the dock heading towards the marina.
 It just woudln't be a complete drive without seeing some kind of water.
I only wish I would have brought my lounge chair, then I could have really enjoyed it.

As always, this Friday shoot out is in participation with the rest of the gang over at this blog,
Friday My Town Shoot Out. 
Check it out, browse the photos that are linked up, add your own.
The more the merrier.


Have a great weekend, everyone.






8 comments:

  1. Love all your fence shots. I'm a big fan of water so I especially love that last one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked the old abandoned fence waiting for the tumbleweed to come by but for some bizarre reason all I could see in my mind was wispy hair and hairgrips!!!! That may say more about me though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job!!! Great angle shots I am thinking.

    ReplyDelete
  4. JarieLyn, I love your out of town fences. The third shot had me intrigued with the strainer post plus two others. I eventually figured out why it was like that. I like that the eye is drawn to the angle stay post, because the farmer in me appreciates the importance of that post. Love that shot!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great selection of fences. I like the iron one too and I've been to Lake Mead! Thanks for dropping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Omigosh Lake Mead looks so blue, and blue skies, plus a blue fence. It looks refreshing, especially compared to the dry landscape all around. A lot of nice finds.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty good post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts.

    fence manufacturers

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails