Thursday, May 17, 2012

OMG! You will not believe what happened to me today. I'm such a freak.



I'm listening to some music on the radio today while I'm driving to my Doctor's appointment.

I'm in a great mood, it's beautiful outside, it's a happy place in my head.

Usually, I listen to the alternative rock station, 80's music, or country station.

Every once in awhile I'll listen to top 40 or 70's music.

Rarely do I listen to local radio stations because I have Sirius Xm.

But lately, I've been bored with everything so I tuned in to the local pop station.

98.5 The Kluc

So, I'm driving along bobbing my head to the beat of the music, tapping my fingers against the steering wheel and I'm swaying back and forth really getting into the groove.

Then....................

 Justin Bieber comes on.

He's singing his song, Boyfriend.

Of course, I know who the kid is, but I've never really heard his music.

Nor did I give one iota about hearing it.

I'm listening, still getting in the groove, and I'm thinking, this kid isn't bad.

The song is a little cheesy, but I'm going with the flow.

I'm finding the rythm.

This kid is definitely underated.

I'm listening to the lyrics bounce off my speakers and drift through my head.

and this is what I heard less than halfway into the song.

Tell me what you like yeah tell me what you don’t
I could be your Buzz Lightyear, fly across the globe
I don’t never wanna fight yeah, you already know
Imma make you shine bright like you’re laying in the snow

Burr
Girlfriend, girlfriend, you could be my girlfriend
You could be my girlfriend until the world ends
Make you dance do a spin and a twirl and
Voice goin' crazy on this hook like a whirlwind
Swaggy

I’d like to be everything you want
Hey girl, let me talk to you

If I was your boyfriend, never let you go
Keep you on my arm girl you’d never be alone
I can be a gentleman, anything you want
If I was your boyfriend, I’d never let you go, I’d never let you go

So from literally out of nowhere, I start crying.

I mean I am bawling.

The tears are flowing and running down my face and even though I am alone, I am so embarrassed.

What the hell?

Okay, so maybe it brought an old issue to the forefront but to just start crying?

And from Justin Bieber?

Someone once told me that if I was his girlfriend, he would worship the ground I walk on.

I was in love with this guy, but we never became girlfriend and boyfriend.

Anyway, I wiped my tears, got myself under control and was happy again by the time I arrived at my Doctor's office.

So, I'm finished with my appointment, I'm driving home,  the whole Justin Bieber thing forgotten.

Until......................

That damn song comes on again.

I had no intention of crying.

I was just enjoying the song.

And then, Holy Moly

The tears started flowing.

AGAIN

What the hell is wrong with me?

I'm a grown woman for pete's sake.

So can you believe an 18 yr old kid made me cry twice today.

I can't.

But it happened.

I only hope it doesn't have the same effect the next time I hear that song.

Fingers Crossed.

XOXO


 

3 comments:

  1. Unresolved issues have a way of coming out of nowhere. Even out of the mouth of Just Bieber, I suppose. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did not grieve that broken relationship. YOu moved on with your life and now it comes back to haunt you. You are just catching up with your life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sorry, but this made me laugh. For me, music can trigger such deep emotions that it really doesn't surprise me this happened to you. Although Bieber?!?!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails